Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October Visiting Teaching Message

The October visiting teaching message is here. The message is If We Do Not Doubt. It focuses on the need for us as women to live our covenants and draws heavily from the story of the Two Thousand Stripling Warriors. I have two handouts to go with this message.

Handout #1: Message Booklet
Available in PDF or Word

First, I put together a file that has the complete message (well, most of it, I did cut a teeny bit to make it fit). This is the cover:

Microsoft Word - Oct2011VT

I printed mine in black and white and on orange paper:

_IMG_4318_IMG_4322

If you print the pdf file double-sided, you should be able to cut the file exactly in half and then fold each half in half again. That will give you a finished card size of 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches. These will fit in an A2 envelope, too, if you want to mail them. I’m also sharing the Word file. Printer settings can vary, so if you just want to print, the pdf file is the one to download.

Handout #2: Measuring spoons available as a Silhouette print and cut file

Sister Beck talks about the need to live our covenants with precision. I put her quote on these measuring spoons, ending with D&C 25:13

_IMG_4329 

If you use these, you could always incorporate the story of the
Two Thousand Stripling Warriors as you talk. The written message is very heavy on motherhood and for some sisters, focusing more on the covenants aspect and less on the motherhood aspect might be appropriate.

Here is the Silhouette print and cut file. Note: You will need the Silhouette software to open this file.

I did find a fun punch art tutorial for making measuring spoons. If you like this idea, but don’t have a Silhouette machine, you might take a look at this.

image

One other idea I had for precision was this tape measure card. I didn’t create a file to go with the message, but if someone is feeling creative, I think it could make a cute lesson enhancer for this month! If you do, I’d love to see how it turns out!

image

I have a fun home teaching treat/lesson enhancer this month, too, so be sure to check back for that. I hope to have it posted by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!