Monday, October 10, 2011

October Home Teaching Treats

_TreatBagFront

The home teaching message for this month is President Monson talking about the Precious Promises of the Book of Mormon.

He specifically calls out 8 promises from the Book of Mormon. I created a file to look like the inside of a Dove Promises candy for each one. (Note: I was disappointed because the promises chocolates I bought don’t look like they used to. Here is an example of the old style.)

_PromisesCard

Then, I attached a Dove Promises chocolate to each card with a glue dot, put them all in a sandwich bag, and topped it off with an orange label.

_TreatBagBack

Book of Mormon Promises Cards

The promises cards are available in pdf. I recommend printing these black and white – gold tinfoil is what I had easily available and I didn’t take the 5 minutes to turn it to grayscale.

There are 4 cards per page, 2 pages in the file.

I created these in Adobe InDesign. If you have Adobe InDesign and would like a copy of the file, I’d be happy to share. Wouldn’t these make adorable seminary handouts?

The finished cards are 4 inches by 4 inches. The cutting is a bit tricky, you are better off lining up your cutter on the edge of the picture and cutting than trying for exact measurements.

Treat Bag Topper

Treat Bag Toppers are available in word or pdf. If you just want to print, I recommend printing the pdf file because your Word and printer settings may (probably will!) make the word file print differently on your computer. I cut these by:

Cut 3/4 inch off each side (left and right)
Cut 1/4 inch off top
Cut every 2 1/2 inches from top

If that didn’t work for you and you are printing from pdf, check to make sure that your page scaling setting (in the print dialog box) is set to none.

You could staple this to the bag and be done…. Or, if you decide you must hide the staples, you can cut a piece of cardstock that is 5 inches by 7 inches. Fold in half (so you have 2 1/2 inches and 2 1/2 inches. Staple onto your bag, then put the treat bag topper front over it to cover the staples (you can use glue dots or another type of adhesive).

I printed mine on orange cardstock. You could print them on any color or you could use cute Halloween bag toppers, like these or these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!