Saturday, August 22, 2009

Better Late than Never?

I found a package in my doorstep a couple of weeks ago marked "Not at this address."

This particular package was going to an out-of-town relative whose dear baby died at birth. I sent an email off to another relative to get the correct address, but didn't hear back until we had left on vacation.

So... now we are back from vacation and my dilemma is: Do I still send the package?

The funeral occurred clear back on Memorial Day weekend. I took a long time thinking about what I wanted to do - see why I need this site?! Then I took an even longer time to get to the post office. I mailed it July 8. Already over a month late.

Then the post office took a month to figure out I had an old address.

Then we went on vacation for 2 weeks.

So, what do you think? Should I mail it? Is this a case where the adage "better late than never" holds true?

What do you think is in the box?

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... I think that it came at the perfect time. We've long been forgotten now, it was nice to have a sweet package to open and remember that we are loved. Thank you so much Megan, you are a sweetheart! Thanks for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!