Saturday, August 21, 2010

Book Review: Beyond Words


I recently read a book written by a breast cancer and thought it had some excellent suggestions of ways to help.

Therese Iverson survived a difficult battle with breast cancer -- and some mistakes in her care nearly killed her. She reflects on her experiences and offers specific suggestions for others going through similar situations as well as for those that love them and want to help.

I was particularly touched by her description of how much the cards people sent meant to her.

She also had some interesting insights into how difficult it is for the caregivers; her husband and children stood by her through some very challenging times, and she writes a little about how her hospitalizations affected those closest to her.

I would recommend this book.

Disclaimer: I won this book through Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!